Wednesday, November 23, 2011

#9 From Justin to Kelly

You might think that I would / should be embarrassed to own this movie, but I'm not.

When American Idol debuted in 2002 I was living in Colorado and I watched this show every week with some of my very best friends. I was just as crazy as the mass of fans and each week would phone vote over and over and over.......

When the first season was complete I was so excited to #1 go see them in concert and #2 go see the movie they were making.

Last night I watched the movie for the first time in years, and honestly it was like visiting old friends. I really missed Justin and Kelly, and even though the acting is crazy bad and the movie is about spring break (blah), I love the awkward bursting into song and group dancing. I wish I knew all the words so I could sing along.

I was a solid supporter for 7 seasons of American Idol until I moved into my current home. We don't have cable, in fact, we don't get any TV channels at all. Don't be concerned, we watch plenty of movies (thanks projector room) and TV shows on DVD and Netflix.

No comments: