Monday, June 18, 2012

Lalana
















Back in April, my friend Lalana came to visit me.  This girl completely rocks - she has been to visit more than a half a dozen times since I moved to Virginia and it seems to me that once or twice a year isn't quite enough.

This visit we made our way into D.C. on Thursday to try out Ollie's Trolley.  The milkshakes here are amazing.  Just keep in mind to bring cash, because they don't take credit cards.

On Friday we went to Bread & Chocolate and totally enjoyed the chocolate fondue for brunch.  After that we went to the Ross to do a little shopping and we watched a movie that night.  Saturday, I'm sure Lalana didn't have as much fun.  I ended up procrastinating as usual and I needed to do my taxes.  When I was finished we went to lunch at a Chinese restaurant called Ping,  the food was good, not great, but good. Later Saturday night we went to the Black Cat to see the band "Lost in the Trees".  I'm always amazed at how much I enjoy live music.  I should go to concerts more often.

Sunday we went to church and watched a movie, it was a nice slow day.  Monday we went to the D.C. Arboretum and then we took a walk to the mall to go to Sephora.  Tuesday, Lalana went home.

I always have so much fun when she is here.  Lalana is the kind of friend that I need in my life.  She just loves me for who I am.  Sometimes we don't talk for months at a time, but whenever we get together it seems like nothing has changed.  So a big blog shout out -Lalana, thanks for being so cool :)

1 comment:

Rachel said...

yay, Lalana!!! I'm still jealous you all saw Lost in the Trees because I am obsessed with them. yay for blogging from chicago! Hope you are having a blast. XOXOX