Monday, June 18, 2012

#37

This is the third movie that Lalana and I watched in April.  Such a crazy girl movie...

The girls in that family are so different.  One is crazy for love - "Marianne does not approve of hiding her emotions. In fact, her romantic prejudices have the unfortunate tendency to set propriety at naught."  The other one is so reserved that she is blown away when it actually happens to her - "I am by no means assured of his regard and even were he to feel such a preference I think we should both be very foolish to assume that there would not be many obstacles to his marrying a woman of no rank who cannot afford to buy sugar."

I feel like I totally identify with the youngest, especially when she says "Please don't say anything important 'til I come back."

Overall it is a period piece where women acted much different than they do now.  I find it both romantic and frustrating.  But I always cry at the end when Elinor gets her man.

1 comment:

Rachel said...

this is my favorite Jane Austen book by far! Love it. Also always cry when Elinor gets her man. :)