Thursday, January 20, 2011

airing my grievances

I have a $200 Travel Voucher Exchange Coupon expiring the end of January. I'm thinking "Great! I'll use it to go visit my buddies in Denver."

I couldn't figure out how to use it on-line so I called. (PS - In general - I hate, hate, hate talking on the phone.)


I just finished speaking with the airline representative - and BOOOOOO to their policy on redeeming Travel Vouchers.

After I got the flights & seats picked (and it takes FOREVER on the phone compared with the two minute on-line process), I tell the rep that I have the voucher and she tells me -

"I will put your reservation on hold and you will have 7 days to send the voucher to us by CERTIFIED MAIL."

I THINK - "WHAT? Are you crazy? I mean - Is your company completely insane? Why do you print all these codes on the coupon if one of them won't validate it in your fancy computer system?"


then...

I THINK - "First you inconvenience me so much that you offer me a voucher to compensate.... then when I try and use it you make it difficult!!!! I know your game.... you give us these vouchers so we don't make a scene....then you make it impractical so use it so we don't bother and you don't have to loose any money!"


then...

I SAY - "I understand that is the policy. But that is REALLY frustrating."

"Sorry Ma'am - that is our policy. You could also take it to an airport and redeem it at the ticket counter."

Oh yeah...well still completely rude, but my closest airport is a mere 5 minutes away.

Take that Frontier!!!

No comments: