Tuesday, January 4, 2011

A Summary

I often feel like I spend all my time at work. Weekends seem to speed by, as do vacations - let alone just an evening, where I need to pack in errands, movies & TV, dinners, baking, visiting teaching, institute, exercising, volunteering at the temple, important chats with friends, etc. If you take in to consideration my strong desire to travel (everywhere!) and spend more frequent quality time with my family, I could probably quit working all together and still be crazy busy.

I know work is important. I understand the need to support myself. Health insurance, a paycheck and a feeling of contributing - these are all good things. But this feeling that I live in a crazy world - working FIVE out of seven days a week seems a bit much. Wouldn't it be better to work three and have off four?

And yet looking back at 2010 - all these feelings aren't even based on reality. I only worked 50.7% of the year. Check it out -

185 days working in the office
104 days for the weekends
30 vacation days
18
CWS days
11 holidays
9 days (out of the office) in Training
4 snow days
4 sick days

So go ahead - tell me I have a good life. I actually already know, and I feel blessed.

2 comments:

Cali said...

You definitely have a good life! I'm still sad I missed your New Years brunch.

Unknown said...

Girl- your life is pretty great :D And I love that you did the math- that's fantastic! So glad you have more time to make cookies and hang out with me!! :)