Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Loopholes

This year instead of making multiple New Year resolutions I decided to make monthly goals instead. My January goals were not to drink soda and not to watch any TV shows. The "No TV Shows" was an excellent goal. Sometimes I waste my brain watching to much TV and it made sense to me to get that impulse under control. But to stop drinking soda for a month is just a crazy, seriously ridiculous goal. Why would I want to do that??? Well turns out I really didn't want to - so check out my loopholes.

1 - I had several bottles of sparkling apple juice because it is not soda, it is juice that just happens to have carbonation. Really it was "premium quality 100% juice from U.S. grown fresh apples, with no concentrates, no added water, no preservatives, no sweeteners and no additives of any kind".

2 - One cup (plus a refill) of "Orange Drink". Yes - Not Soda - definitely in the same family as punch and really, punch is not soda.

3 - Two bottles of single serve Kool Aid. Once again, punch, not soda.

4 - One big glass of lemonade. I took a vote among the roommates and they all voted that lemonade would never be considered soda.

I'm going to have to make February a little tighter - less room for any possible loopholes.

Wish me luck!

1 comment:

Anna said...

have you tried crystal light? I like the single serve pouches that you can put in a water bottle at work.

Raspberry Ice and lemonade are my favorites. It's definitely not the same as sugary drinks, but it is sweet.