Saturday, March 3, 2012

#27 Miss Pettigrew

I watched this movie last Saturday night. I told you...lazy day, filled with movies and naps:)

This movie brings out the hopeless romantic in me. I think that Delysia is caught up in some horrible life choices, but I love how at the end of the movie she has some clarity of thought and chooses love.

I also love the idea that Guinevere has this adventure and ends up after a crazy day, engaged to a handsome, good man.

Favorite Quotes -

Joe: You didn't take me. I took you.

Joe: I've been looking for you all night, and I believe, all of my life. If you'll have me.

Michael: Pure and simple, I want you to marry me, and it's a one word conversation...

Guinevere: Not everything comes along just when we want it. There are times when decisions just have to be made, or you certainly will miss out.

Guinevere: And that is why you must not waste a second of this precious life. Listen to me. Once I too had ambitions. Not your grand ones, simple ambitions. Marriage, children and a house of our own... A good, solid man. You would call him dull, no doubt, but he smiled whenever he saw me and we could've built a life on that. Your heart knows the truth.. Trust it.

I love this movie. I cry every time I watch it. Do you have any favorite chick flicks?

No comments: