Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Dad

Recently I had a "Day of Fun" with my Dad. I planned the whole day about a month ahead, but I wouldn't tell him what we were going to do. I don't believe that he is often free to have a day without responsibility and I was SOOooooo excited to be able to surprise him.

We started the day with a fly fishing lesson from this guy. My dad has confessed in the past to wanting to learn and I tucked that info away for just this kind of day. All the equipment was provided so all we had to do was show up. We each caught one fish (mine was bigger) and I also ended up "catching" my face. Yikes! Good thing Rob was using barb-free hooks.

After lunch here - we then went to the shooting range for a little target practice. It was my first time shooting a handgun and I was honestly a little nervous at first, but I ended up liking it. We each had our own target and my Dad was tons better than me.

My Dad admitted to having a great day and I had so much fun trying new things, especially with one of my best friends. I love you Dad!

PS - I bought both of these fun activites from this web site. I'm addicted.

3 comments:

Tiffanie said...

Yes! I am so excited you have a blog!! Now I can know what you're doing :) I miss you!

Hannah Neville McMillan said...

I LOVE fly fishing! the whole day looks like a blast!

Rachelle said...

bah ha ha! i hope i have a whole pie all to myself!

love that you started this blog.