Sunday, October 28, 2012

Chicago



Back in June - Holly, Teresa and I went to visit Deana's homeland.

We went to a Cub's game (where they won, beating the Red Sox), to an Al Green concert at the Ravinia, the Field Museum, China town, went on an architectural boat tour, ate amazing hot dogs at Gene & Jude's, and saw the "Bean" twice!  We also saw a zombie invasion, ate deep dish pizza from Lou Malnatti's and rode the ferris wheel at Navy Peir.  Holly and Teresa had to leave on Sunday, but I stayed till Wednesday!! 

With my three extra days of fun, I went to a Willerth family BBQ, swam in the pool, slept an amazing amount of hours, experienced my first real family FHE, ate an Italian Beef sandwich at Portillo's, and watched 4 movies (next post!).

It was great to meet Deana's family and to experience a small part of Chicago, and it was exactly the summer vacation I needed. 

1 comment:

josh said...

Hooray for fun trips! I've never been to Chicago but it looks fun. (cali).