Saturday, February 4, 2012

A new year...

So, January 2012 has come and gone and although I'm not sure why, I made the goal of "no soda" again for the beginning of the year.

I always get to the point where I realize that I don't drink enough water and I can't seem to wait for my next sip of pop. I know (seriously, I know) that it isn't good for me, but I love the taste and I love the way the carbonation feels, kinda scratches my throat.

So just to report on my first goal of 2012 - I made it 30 days with no soda. The first week was almost unbearable. The second a little easier, and then the last two weeks I spent looking forward to my birthday. I kept thinking this, "just think Kristine, your birthday is only a few days away. You will be sitting at Five Guys, eating an amazing burger and drinking as much Coke as you want."

I love when dreams come true. (I know, I'm pretty simple.) The burger was amazing, as was the company. The soda was great, except maybe not as extraordinary as I built it up to be. Also during the day, I managed to stop at Baskin Robbins twice and I got a pedicure. This year started with a bang. Hope it continues on this good note.

No comments: